Thursday, November 6, 2008

Virginia here we come!



Reenlistment time came up and we thought out our future and what we should do. Stay in or get out. Some things we were planning on back home didnt turn out so that made us rethink our plans. We were trying to get back to Fort Sill, Oklahoma so we could be closer to family and we had a little life plan worked out. But 2 things stood in the way of that, and one being we were denied twice to go to Oklahoma. So we thought would we even reenlist? I started thinking of all the other posts, and as quickly as I thought of the name I dismissed them as even options.

Hubby calls me and says, "Well, we were denied Oklahoma again....but they offered us the Pentagon." I never even considered that an option...I was immediately happy. I would LOVE to go to Virginia. I always wanted to and its an awesome assignment so we decided to take it. We then discussed our time option, we chose 3 more yrs, since we have to be here 9 or so more months anyway. So it was a done deal on Monday.

Hubby decided to do his reenlistment at the USS Arizona Memorial site. It was a wonderful choice.

Sass behaved really well, especially considering we had to wake her up in the morning to get ready and go. She did get scared of the boat ride though it was too loud!

So anyway, we are happy that we are going to Virginia. Especially with the economy the way it is now, and honestly the way things are going here, its probably better we stayed in for a while longer. I can only imagine what the next 4 years will hold...actually...I am hoping things all turn out, but I have my doubts....but thats another post. Hope you enjoy the pictures!


No comments: