Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July was great!

Hello blog land (not that anyone aside from me reads this...:) )

This 4th was a nice time. Good food, good company and good weather. Sure cant complain,

We had a nice little BBQ on Friday with the neighbors. Just some burgers and dogs on the grill, fruit and potato salad. Sass was in a good mood like always and was great entertainment. Here are a few pics from Friday. I love that we dressed Sass up like a Hula Girl.On Saturday we went to the Pearl Harbor festivities and it was HOT! Sass was so sweaty and she looked miserable. She had fun running around but she didn't like it when I wanted her to cool off in the shade. We didn't stay real long as she was turning red within minutes of being out there, and that was with the 55SPF she had on. I put an additional coat on her shortly after and it didn't seem to help. She did enjoy a snow cone though....she makes the cutest faces.
We decided to go to the fireworks down on the Ala Moana Beach, it was a nice showing, considering the fireworks almost didn't happen this year. I was even able to get a few good shots which I am surprised...I shot on full manual mode and I have never done that before. Perhaps its just easier to do fireworks on manual then other things.

_________________________________

The other day I picked Sass up and spun around and somehow hit my head on the corner of the wall in the bathroom. Since that day I have been having killer headaches that seem to knock me down. At first hubby thought I was just kidding but with them continuing, he is starting to worry. I am not worried yet....I just think I hit myself good, but if they continue I think I will make a doc appointment. Not real sure what they can do about it though.

Sass talks so much now....its easy to go, "say___" and then she repeats it. She brought me the bubbles today and she can say bubbles but then I started saying, POP POP when they popped and sure enough, now she says it when she extends her pointer finger out to pop them as they fall. She even brought over her camera to me today and told me to "smile" while she smashed the camera on her face backwards. She pays more attention that I thought. She cracks me up...any second she gets a chance, she will climb onto the chair in front of the computer and "type" on the keyboard and she likes to move the mouse around on the pad like we do. She is so smart. I think we are going to get her her own laptop....one of those educational ones.

She climbed up into her highchair today....she climbs on anything she possibly can nowadays, scares me half to death sometimes...she has fallen a few times but it doesn't slow her down. She just dusts herself off and tries again.

Well I have some layouts I need to work on for my 365 project so I better get at it...hope you enjoyed the pics!

~M

No comments: