Sunday, March 21, 2010

These last few days have been beautiful!

I have been enjoying the outdoors the last couple days. I love when the weather is in the 70s. Perfect weather, not cold and not hot, but perfect!

Yesterday we decided to venture down to DC to the Smithsonian Zoo....we also decided to take the metro so we didnt have to battle traffic, and to where I am glad I didnt have to deal with the crazy traffic, the metro was a headache in itself, especially the red line! Not to mention the escalator was broken, and everyone had the same zoo idea we did, so there was a  lot of people.

Unfortunately, we didn't have a great visit at the zoo...SO many people and Sass wasn't able to see any animals. Well...I take that back, she saw the top of a Panda's head, a gazelle, and an elephant's butt. We'll have to try again on a week day so that there isn't as many people. And also going on the first nice weekend was a bad idea too. But actually getting out was nice.

Today was another one of those wonderful days. Around 74 degrees, we went to the park and Sass played for a good hour. Then went to the grocery store where I used coupons on already sale items and saved us some money! I got Sass a box of her fruit snacks for 9 cents! Can't beat that! Then at home we went outside again, went to the park across the street from our house and just hung out outside.

I love where I have my computer off from the kitchen because its so full of natural light, and I have the screen door open that leads to the deck and I can just hear all the sounds outside and breath in the warm, fresh air. I have my music on and the house is quiet since Sass is napping and hubby is out in the garage. Just an overall nice day!

Even though today marks the first day of the third trimester for me, I had a lot of energy. I got up, cleaned up the kitchen that I didn't feel like doing the night before, cooked us a nice breakfast and then we got ready to go out. When we got back, I made us all lunch and then went out again. This is actually the first time I have really been able to sit down in the last few days.

Ever since being home in MI where I had no chance to sit down, I must have gotten used to being on the go. I have to admit I get a lot accomplished. :)

So I am 27 weeks today, and about 10lbs gained. Not bad! I can still fit in my normal jeans and even button them, but I admit when I do button them up, my back fat kinda puffs over hahaaa, so I like to use the rubber band trick to make them a bit looser. Today I am wearing Sass postpartum capris. So they are a bit bigger but fit around my stomach perfectly with some room left over. Yeah...I gained a little too much with her.

Aside from her being a VERY active baby, and I mean pretty much around the clock, along with some BH contractions when I walk too much, I feel just great. Oh, and I cant forget the hip pain I get at the end of the day from walking and the winded weak feeling I get carrying Sass up the stairs, I am feeling wonderful! hahaaa...But I know the fatigue is on its way!

We have the predry wall inspection on our house Tuesday, I am glad things are moving along, I can't wait to move in! Hopefully Sprout will still be in my belly when we do. After 37 weeks I can go at any time, that's 10 weeks from now. So...not a real long time, also considering I said PRE drywall...meaning, we have no walls yet so.....our house is a frame. :) They said May, so......lets hope there are no delays!

Well I think I am going to scrap some pages from the last few days, I got a few beautiful kits on sale the last couple days I have been dying to use. I will post the pages when I am done. I really love doing these pages for Sass and Sprout. I really hope they will enjoy them when they are older.

So until next time....

No comments: