Thursday, October 14, 2010

Happy anniversary and perc too...

Today it has been 5 years since I married a man who is so wonderful, terribly good looking, a loving father to our two girls and my best friend. We have had ups and downs but I couldn't be happier to be with him and look forward to the next 5 years and beyond. Ok, enough of the mush! Today was pretty low key, we decided not to buy gifts this year, especially with my big upcoming purchase of my much needed/wanted camera. But I was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful flowers that were delivered today!! It was something little but i loved it. We are the types of people who think flowers are basically a waste of money but in instances like this, its the perfect gesture. Sass was very into the flowers as well, she grabbed her stool so she could smell them too. She loves flowers, well let me clarify... She loves to pop the flower heads from the stems, she is just destructive like that. Anniversary flowers:)

Today was also a very trying day, sass's attitude and tantrums and limit testing are escalating and I feel like I am going to lose my mind. I don't want to be one of those moms who yells all the time and generally I don't, but the last couple days i have snapped pretty quick and I feel horrible. I really think it has a lot to do with her new jealousy issue she has been displaying over sprout.

I've actually tried very hard to make her not feel that way, if I make cute sounds to sprout or tell her she is cute, I look over at my sass and tell her something equally as nice. I always hug and hold her, I have special time with just her but I suppose this isn't anything I can prevent. In all honesty, I spend more time and energy with sass and I kinda feel like sprout doesn't get the total attention she needs. I mean, she isn't neglected, but I feel I don't have as much quality time with her.

Sass now has me try and feed her her sippy cup, if I'm lying on the floor with sprout she will come lie in-between us, and little things like that. However, she hasn't once acted out or mean to her sister. In fact, she is very loving toward her, which makes me happy. She is a very good big sister and I am proud of her for that.

She is also really doing so well with potty training. I can take her out in public and she doesn't go in her panties. She'll tell me she has to and we beeline it to the nearest bathroom, she is just doing so well, I'm proud of her for that too, and yep, I tell her.

I bought her a huge tinkerbell blanket at Costco today, it was only 14.99 and it's like a full bed size one. She picked the tink over the Disney princess one, which is ok by me as she already has a princess one, but much smaller ( and oddly enough the same price). We had to go there because they have some great steaks, and that's what we had tonight for our anniversary dinner. I just love steaks on the grill!! We had steaks, salad and baked taters and a brownie cake with vanilla ice cream for dessert. And not just any vanilla, but double vanilla!! Hahaaa, you should have seen me at wegmans ( that's the grocery store I got the ice cream from). I stood there and by the same brand , they had vanilla, vanilla bean, french vanilla and double vanilla, I mean really??? I just wanted vanilla ice cream!! So I bought the double niller, but honestly, I can't tell the difference between that and regular, oh well.

In other news, sprout took a nap in her crib, in her room for the first time today! We will soon be transitioning her to sleep in there because she will be getting too mobile for her bassinet soon. I kinda like her right here by me, I even liked cosleeping, though it was very uncomfortable for me. Those were the days when I couldn't move the slightest because she'd wake up if she sensed I wasn't right next to her. Though I kinda miss the act of co sleeping, I do not miss that phase! She has been waking up a lot again lately. I think it might be the new formula, since similac can't get their act together and give us uncontaminated powder. Since she hasn't been doing well since we switched less than a week ago ( due to all powder, the recalled numbers or not, being pulled from shelves) I went to Costco where I know they sell cases of the liquid similac, So I got that and I'm hoping she will not be as fussy and sleep better now. This is another reason I'm so upset about being unable to continue breast feeding her, I already hate the fact she is even getting formula, but now I have to constantly worry if something is wrong with it, or if it'll make her sick because of beetle larvae in it, gah this is exhausting!! With sass, the whole bpa crap was going on and I frantically threw out all our bottles and bought the bpa free ones. Its like, can kid stuff ever be safe? I know everyone is just human but come on!!

To change the subject because all that makes me very heated, my hips aren't getting any better. I don't know what is
going on and I need to make an appointment with the doctor. I could barely get up the stairs earlier because of the pain, so much so, I had to take a percocet just so I could walk and be able to move, it was that bad. Usually it just feels like I've been riding a horse all day but today it was 10 times that, I think exercising might be making it worse. I have no idea what might be causing this, maybe it's delayed pain from sprout, as this has really only been going on for a month or so, and she turned 17 weeks yesterday. ( wow, time just flies!!)

Well, I came to bed early tonight because of sprouts lack of sleep lately, I don't get more than 2 hours of consecutive sleep anymore, yet I can't fall asleep, though I feel exhausted. I love that I can use my phone to write and catch up in my blogs, so at least I can lie down in my bed and do this, instead of at the computer. Hell, my hips wouldn't let me anyway.

We found a babysitter for the girls Saturday so hubby and I can go out to celebrate. I don't like leaving sprout at all, but it'll only be for a couple hours, but I still feel tense about it. I'm just hoping my hip will be ok, I want to dress up, which means heels!

Well, I'm off, I freaking already wrote a novel haha, so I'm gonna do a facebook catch up then try and sleep. True to how things go, as soon as that happens, sprout will wake up. Ooooh and just to say, my kids' names aren't title capped because my phone doesn't recognize them as names, because I already hate typing on the iPhone the way it is, if I had go manually do all the caps and punctuation, I'd be here forever, so I let it do it for me. :). Night! BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: