Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My First Post


~Today Sass actually slept until 8:30am. She went to bed at 7:45pm, so this is a great thing for me. She did wake up at 5 though, just to get her paci back in her mouth then off to sleep again. That darn pacifier. I remember there was a time when she wouldnt even take it, but for the sake of my sore chest, she needed something to suck on besides me. But I have to say, its not so bad, except when she wakes up after she spit it out and needs it to go back to sleep. She does suck on her hands for comfort, or feet during the day. I only give it to her to sleep, and since she is still swaddled at night, she cant very well put it back in her mouth at night or suck on her hands. But I have to say, I am pretty lucky sleep wise. She usually sleeps from 8pm-7am, but here lately she has been off course a bit.

Well I pulled my back out today lifting Sass out of the swing over at our friend Tasha's house. She has a 2 month old baby, so Sass and I like to go there for play dates. Though Sass is older than her, its still cute to see "the baby". Tasha has been my friend for a while. We were both active Army when we met, she was JAG like me, she ended up marrying one of my Soldiers, now we are both out raising our kids. Her hubby is currently deployed and she has a 10 yr old at home too. So every time I go on post to see Michael, I like to stop by and visit. Besides its good for Madi to see other babies and people.
But back to my back....it is really bad right now. Hurts, tingles through my legs, oddly enough, my back didnt bother me once while I was carrying my 10lb baby. Just before and after pregnancy. I have had a bad back for a while, thanks Army, and it acts up every so often. The nice thing is I can sit down, relax and not have to do much. But I did miss getting down on the floor today to play with Sass. Michael had to give her her bath and everything tonight. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow, I have a house to keep clean.
I seem to shed like a frigging dog and Madi puts all in her mouth, so I am constantly vacuuming up my hair.....when does that stop after pregnancy? I mean I read your hair starts falling out more, but geez, it has to let up sometime right?

So tomorrow is my birthday, its just another day to me now. After you hit a certain age, it loses its excite factor. Now I just see it as another year down, the older I get, and another year closer to wrinkles. :) However, I must say, starting my anti-aging creams while I was young has made the aging process less noticeable. Or so I am guessing, I mean, I have nothing to compare it by...haha, its not like I can go back into time, not use it, and compare before and after pictures.....I guess Michael has something planned for me this coming weekend. I am excited to see what it is. He is going to bake me a cake tomorrow along with dinner too. Like I need cake. I am having trouble losing these last 25 lbs. My fault of course, I eat well, just need to get up and exercise a bit more. I was going to go to the gym today after Michael got home, that was of course, before the back blowout. I came home, took motrin, took a nap with Sass and hoped I'd be ok by the time he got home.....needless to say.....I feel the same. So here is hope for tomorrow. What a way to make me feel young on my B-day, a foo-bared back...

Tomorrow is also my pre-op appointment. I cant believe surgery is less than 2 weeks away. Starting to get nervous. That and I cant even talk to my mom about it, no one knows except Michael and 2 of my friends. No one from Home (Michigan) even know. I know I'd hear crap anyway, and honestly, I dont want to hear it. I am a grown woman and shouldnt be made to feel guilty about my choice (I'll have to write another time about whats going on), I'll save it for another blog post since it could be enough for its own.

I am not used to all this free time. I mean I had a job since I was able to work, always supported myself, that and we didnt have money growing up, so if I wanted something, I had to earn the means to get it. Which is great and all, but I am not used to being supported. I still will be receiving my last pay check from the Army, but thats it. We are down to one income. Even though we do well, it will be weird not making my own money since I have for so long. But we both know its best that while we can, I stay home and raise Sass. But now I have to think of things to occupy my time. Sass right now is still pretty easy to care for, I cant believe she will be 5 months next week! My little girl is getting so big! SO I was thinking, since I like to write (cant ya tell?), that I can start writing a book, but my creative button has been turned off for a while, so I cant really think about what to write about.

Well, I guess it is time to close this blog, get ready for bed, though I had a bit too much tea, so I will be surprised if I can fall asleep. But I am sure the Vicodine will help that! I hate taking pain meds, but what do you do....I wont be able to sleep or walk for that matter without it. Alright..until next time.



1 comment:

Christy said...

Sorry to hear about your back. That stinks. Hopefully you are feeling better.

I am impressed that your baby girl sleeps so well! My little guy is 6 months old and has only slept through the night ONE time. Lucky mama!

And of course you can link to my blog!