Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thursday

You can tell the fascinating day I must have had based off the title of the post huh?? :)

Last night I started working on my latest Digital Scrap kit called Cupcake Cutie inspired by the Gymboree Line, and I got up to go to the kitchen and when I got back, my computer froze.

Horrible flashbacks came to me when a year and a half ago, the same thing happened...my only choice was to push the off button, and my whole hard drive crashed. I lost EVERYTHING. I basically lost all of the first yr of Sass's B-day. Thankfully I have an awesome husband who knows a few things about computers and was able to recover MOST of my pictures. All my scrap kits were gone...everything. So an important lesson here folks, back up your stuff!  With that said, I have been slacking on backing up, and I would have lost a ton more stuff. *sigh*

This morning I reluctantly hit the off button, dreading the blue screen of death, and I started it up in safe mode (it did thankfully). I ran my AVG to see if any viruses were the cause of making my computer slow and freeze and then ran my malware program. I was clean thankfully and my computer started back up, all files there and working great. (thankfully).  So after doing that for several hours with Sprout sitting in her bouncy next to me and Sass playing in the pool on the deck (the computer desk is right next to the door where Sass was), I started back on working my kits when Sprout napped and Sass ate. With that said I'm happy to announce that I finished up my kit today and will be ready for download tomorrow. I also made a few freebies to go with it, which will be ready tomorrow for Freebie Friday on my designer blog at http://dreamweaverdesigns.blogspot.com

Here is a preview of the kit.
I really like how this one turned out. So if you like to digi scrap, head on over and pick it up (on Friday).

In other news, the organizer for the playgroup I signed up for on meetup.com emailed me today and said that my "meet and greet" playdate is on the 1st, which I have to attend before they accept me into their group. I am hoping to make some great friends out of this and have some kids for Sass to play with.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo that's it for my wonderful and boring Thursday haha.....Oh, and I finished up Supernatural season 5 last night so I have nothing to watch now until the new season starts up in September! I watched all 5 seasons in like...a month ahaha....sad I know, but when I have a baby who doesnt like to sleep much at night, I like to keep it on in the background while I make kits or scrap pages or my new hobby  crocheting....OH and that reminds me. I got my mom's hats she made the kids in the mail today. They are just too darn cute! If they let me take pics of them wearing them, I will put those up.

Night all!

No comments: