Monday, January 3, 2011

3-365

Here is a little tid bit about me...I hate onions. No really, I dislike them SOO much. Only in special and rare occasions are they ok to spice things up, but just to eat them? No. Unless they are cooked in such a way I can not taste them, which is again, rare, forget about it. I even look at labeling to food products to ensure they arent there. Well........I didn't look to hard this time apparently. I just read the front of the bag, hell, they labeled everything else, I figured if onions was a main part of the dish, it would have said so...boy was I in for a treat.

I decided to make Sass and I a Voila pasta bag of instant meal they like to call Chicken Parmesan. Looks good in the pic and the description tells me its chicken, tomatoes in a tomato sauce. Well, it said nothing about the MOUNDS of bits of onions I was surprised to see when I dumped the contents of the bag into the pan. ICK! But I was really hungry and I didn't want to make anything else, so I sat there, and picked them out before cooking. Seemed like forever to get every last piece. And let me tell you, there was SO much of it, I was thinking there was more of it than anything else. If I would have cooked it anyway and tried to fight through it, there would be no way I could have enjoyed it with this amount. Even in the picture shows this dish to be onion free....I think I am going to write them a letter.........

No comments: