Saturday, January 15, 2011

Movie night with the girls


I love being a stay at home mom. There is nothing like being able to be with your children for the first few years of their lives. Seeing the milestones, be there for the hugs the kisses, playing games, watching them learn, go on adventures, dealing with the mood swings, and everything that goes with it. The fun, the not so fun, the sleepless nights and the cuddles early in the morning. I love being able to be home with my girls, it is probably the greatest thing to me. However, that said, my best friend is an almost 3 year old as far as conversations go. I haven't had much luck in mommy meet up groups, so really I don't have much adult interaction. So when I have a girls night, it is kind of a big deal with me.

I made snacks....ugh...here is my downfall. I figured today could be my cheat day, I made my little smokies in crescent rolls and my cream cheese, salsa and cheese in tortilla rolls and I even had my first coke in a long time. I will later regret this decision.

We started off the night with our photography talk and before the movie put in some Dance Central for the kinect. I freaking love this game, it is so fun.

We were originally going to have a Twilight marathon with all the movies on Blu-ray, but all of our talking and dancing had the time gone before we knew it, so we decided on.....dum dum dum...


Love this movie, I think they enjoyed it as well.

By the end of the night, it was about 1am, and the effects of my indulgence caught up with me..I felt horrible. I knew better didn't I? I knew what I was doing every time I crammed another treat into my mouth but I did too much. Pop was also not a wise choice. I did manage to drink 12 cups of water before bed, but it didn't seem to matter. Damage was done and I felt horrible. I wonder how bad this will mess up my hard work.

No comments: