Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 1, 30 day Shred

Hello blogland. So I decided, what do I have to lose (heehee), so I jumped on the 30 day shred bandwagon. Like a TON of people, I made one of my New Year's resolutions to be weight loss/toning.

I am not overweight according to my BMI, but I have some extra pounds I'd like to lose....like 20. Not only that, but I want to get toned and help reduce that icky flab feeling after having my two precious girls.

A little history, my entire life I have been thin, when I joined the Army at 19, I weighed in at 117. I am only 5'4, so as to where that isnt stick thin, I was pretty darn petite. My whole career I was around 120-125 since I had muscle then I didn't have before and I was pretty satisfied with the way I looked. (some days I even thought I was "fat", oh what I didn't know!)

When I got pregnant with my first, I was at my heaviest (130lbs) because I was taking prenatals and they made me gain weight, or so I think as nothing else changed in my life, yet I gained weight, so whether or not it really did? Who knows, but that's my story and I am sticking to it! :)

Well, with Sass SO much happened, I was under the most amount of stress I have ever been, and because of that and some pretty shitty work conditions, I ate like crap too, I pulled my hip out of place at 6 months which ended my working out, I had gestational diabetes and Sass ended up being a 10lbs, 2 oz baby and 9 days late. So...why am I telling you all this? I went from 130lbs to over 205lbs. I stopped weighing myself when I hit 205 and that was 2 weeks before she was born. That is at least 75lbs right there...with Sass being 10lbs, that is down to 65, given roughly 19lbs (I used some website to calculate other weight in pregnancy like extra blood, amniotic fluids, uterus and all that other fun stuff) that leaves me with 45lbs of FAT.

It took a while before I lost that weight, first it was pure laziness as I didnt do a darned thing, I was down to around 155 before I really started to get my butt in gear. I joined Spark People (this was my New Years Resolution 2009, to lose the rest of Sass's baby weight!) and I got down to 130ish. I even dipped as low as 127, but generally I hovered around 130. Which pretty much takes me to my pre preg weight, even though I was generally 120-125. Well, I was on the mission to lose the rest when I became pregnant with little Sprout.

With her everything was different, I exercised, I didn't get gestational diabetes and I didn't gain much at all. 30lbs I think is all. The hospital had me at 163lbs with clothes on when I checked in. After I had her, 1 week post partum I was 143. WOO!! My stomach was flatter and I was like, this will be cake! I will lose these rest 10lbs fast! Even with BFing, I stayed at 143, in fact, I went back up to 148...not cool.

Now 148 may be some people's goal, or they think that is a fine weight, but it isn't to me, I am not used to being this size, I dont like this size and none of all my other clothes fit me at this size. I am one of those people who gains weight in the face, and I think there are some VERY attractive and gorgeous woman who weigh more than they'd like and could even be considered obese by medical stand point but I, IMO, am not one of those people who can pull it off. So when I realized I now weighed more than I did 1 week after having a BABY, I knew I needed to get my butt in gear again.

So in October I went back on Spark people and I lost 5lbs, I was back to 143. And I stayed at 143.

Something about me that is both a curse and a blessing, I maintain weight really well generally. Once I get to a weight, I can usually loosen up and not gain much back (when I gained weight I was eating SOOO bad and under a tremendous amount of stress again). So that is why once I lost those 5lbs, and I got unmotivated and side tracked, I stayed at that weight.

So about a week ago I decided I wanted to lose this weight before my hubby comes back home, he is gone for over a month and thought, I can at least improve SOMETHING in 5 weeks, even if its not my exact goal, I want to do what I can.

So I started at 143 and today I did my weigh in and measurements for the 30 day shred and I am at 139.4 (I have been somewhat dieting for the last weekish and upped my water intake again and cut out the pop) and playing Dance Central on Kinect.

So here are my stats and Day 1 of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I didn't take pics yet, I need to, those always help, especially if the scale doesnt move much. Pictures and measurements is where its at! These are measured in inches.

Weight-139.4
Thighs-R 23.75 L 23
Calf-R 14 L 13.5
Bicep-R 11.5 L 11.5
Neck-12.75
Under Bust-31.5
Waist Above Belly Button (thinnest part) 31
Waist Below Belly Button (Thickest part) 36
Hips-38.5

So there you have it, I plan on doing other exercises too to keep my muscles guessing so that I don't do the same thing every day (or just the same thing rather). I will be doing weigh ins and measurements weekly and I will post them. Good luck to everyone else who is on a weight loss goal!

No comments: